Locations: Des Moines.
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May be required to work extended hours including holidays and weekends due to the 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year type of service provided to clients.
Status: W-2 US Citizens or GC holder only
Travel: Accommodate up to 10% of overnight travel for services at out-of-town client facilities. The amount of travel is largely dependent upon project scope, schedule, and assigned tasks.
Overview: The Mechanical Engineer is a position within the technical delivery structure of company automation. This position is best described as a technical resource for internal customer project delivery for complex applications. Work executed will be within plant multi-discipline manufacturing and automation teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of multiple skills and technologies. Technical leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
Background and Work Experience: To be considered, candidates should have:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
• A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
• Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD or SolidWorks (3D).
• Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop and execute complex process control system integration projects of small to medium size and significant complexity simultaneously.
• Perform project deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
• Design, document and assist with creating test stands and robotic manufacturing fixtures and more.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides knowledge and counsel to others.
• Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
• Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
• Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
• Maintain professional client relationships.
• Utilize, support, and enhance company’s standards and best practices.
• Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by company and clients.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
• Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
• Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
• Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify