PDS is seeking a RS Sheetmetal Tech II for an open position in Dallas, TXPosition Purpose:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sheetmetal Technician II works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various Sheetmetal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Assist in monthly 5S audits.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.).
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft.
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years of Sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Join our team as a part of our Advanced Build teams. In this job you will work with a world class team of mechanics to finish out our final phase of aircraft build and delivery. In this role you will coordinate with multiple departments to meet customers schedules while maintaining quality. Previous experience in corporate completion's aircraft with aircraft systems knowledge and ability to read 3D CAD drawings is strongly preferred. Apply today to be a part of Creating & Delivering the world's finest aviation experience. All of our aircraft hangars are air conditioned and heated.
- A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other Gulfstream transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with Sheetmetal installation and fabrication work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. (now an Adecco Group company) is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms specializing in Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy industries. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect our commitment to quality that our associates and clients experience first-hand.
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.pdstech.com/candidate-privacy/
Ready to learn more? Please visit www.pdstech.com or take a look at where we are to find a recruiter near you.