PDS Tech Inc. is currently hiring for a Test Engineer to work at the Torrance, CA Honeywell location.
- Test Engineer(Mechanical) will be responsible for Reverse Engineering test equipment, documenting test system design, lab/facility interfaces, conducting development/production testing, commissioning, Test Plan and procedure development.
- Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions.
- Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· Reverse Engineer, Design, procure, fabricate and maintain test equipment and facilities in support of Transition, development, demonstration, certification, and qualification tests.
• Manage scope, schedule, and budget for the assigned Test Program or Work Package, identifying requirements, risks and opportunities.
• Monitor engineering progress against budget and forecasted schedule for the assigned test projects
• Create Test Documentation (Test Procedures, Test Instructions, Instrumentation list, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram, Controls Architecture) in preparation for Test Solution commissioning and correlation process
• Coordinate periodic reviews with management/Chief Engineer on project status, TRR,CDR,PDR and significant trends and changes of approved projects
• Actively coordinates the design, implementation, commissioning, and maintenance of complex mechanical and control test facilities infrastructure required for aircraft components test and systems/subsystem integration test programs
• Support estimates, Project planning and reporting for major test equipment and facility transition program .
Qualifications / Skills:
• Have experience with developing and interpretation of complex engineering drawings such as Test system schematics, wiring diagrams, wire harness drawings.
• Experience Integration/testing of turbomachinery or equivalent test systems, Making changes and modifications to the Integrated test system.
o Reverse Engineer Test equipment or test carts and generate CAD Models & Production Quality Drawings
• May require a bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Experience working with maintenance and upgrade of production and R&O test facilities.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills (plan – execute – escalate).
You Must Have:
· Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, due to ITAR and Export Control restrictions.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering(Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Mechatronics Engineering)
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Mechanical Test environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering preferred
· Working knowledge of Turbomachinery, Aerodynamics.
· Aerospace component and systems test experience desired.
· Ability to develop, update Test system schematics, models and drawings
· Working knowledge of instrumentation and measurement systems desired.
· Demonstrated comfort working with complex systems (mechanical, fluid flow, hydraulics, pneumatics, data and automation).
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a team while being able to make decisions, balancing risks and rewards.
· Experience with Air Cooling Machines (ACM), Environmental Control System (ECS), the Poly Alpha Olefin (PAO) Pump systems, and the Electro Mechanical Power Systems (EMPS) is a plus.
· Experience in Project Management or basic training associated to Project Engineering tasks
· Basic knowledge of aircraft Bleed Air Systems, Environmental Control Systems, Auxiliary Power Systems, Power distribution Systems and/or Power Generation Systems
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify