PDS TECH is URGENTLY looking for an Automotive Chassis Design Engineer for our client in Santa Clarita, CA•Chassis expert role to conduct not only design work, but to assist/guide/train engineers.•3D and 2D design of Chassis components, but subject to change in priority, may support engine or electrification design work.•Design tasks will be for wide range of chassis relevant projects including pinnacle and commercial programs. Act as Peer reviewer for design both 3D layout and 2D dwgs.•CAD software 3D Experience CATIA V6 a plus.•Surfacing CAD skill a plus (i.e. aero surface body parts)•Dealing (engineering/designing/hands on) with aftermarket parts for road vehicle a plus.Experience/Requirements include:BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent and 5 years of WORKING experience with Preliminary design preparation ( gathering information before designing ) • Design activities ( Concept design)• Evaluation and analysis• Component and assembly modeling ( Detail design)• Prototype or production manufacturing and quality coordination• Drawing preparation and release• Scheduling & reporting
Please send resume w/contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org - LinkIN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dj-englert-a3929a3/
• Responsible that BOM and pictorial are followed up and these reports are up to date.
• Follow-up problem report issues related parts responsible for, and make sure to update weekly PR meeting notes (for race stopping issues).
• Be the advisory role for mechanical design, chassis integration design, and commercial program methodologies.
• Work with your group lead and design Tech Specialists for task assignments.
• Ensure that the parts designed meet target set by technical management ( Power, Durability, weight, cost, manufacturing, assembly )
• Be always be aware of project timeline and be accountable to deliver task on time
• Proactively collaborate with members of the Project Management, Development and Simulation, and always be aware of project timeline
• Proactively collaborate with outside supplier, QA / Assembly shop, machine shop.
• Proactively collaborate with DFM (Design For Manufacturing) for drawing content check prior to ECN submission.
• Solve problems associated with responsible designed part, including updates to be presented in mechanical meeting, problem report meeting and engineering meeting,
• Making infrequent business travel will be expected for track test support, vendor visits, etc.
Proprietary work: U.S. Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify