PDS Tech searching for a qualified Avionics Installer Sr. in Savannah, GA
Leads, supports, and assists the efforts of technicians performing avionics installations. Fabricates wire harnesses, installs, terminates, ring-out, and assists in functional test of avionics/electrical systems. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Provides work direction to technicians. Ensures completion of tasks within allotted time frame. Coordinates with and assists other departments to ensure on-time delivery of aircraft. 2. Installs/modifies/fabricates wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, engineering drawings. 3. Trains other team members in associated work assignments. Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of employees and techniques. Completes work in innovative and effective ways 4. Assists Engineering in resolving problems and makes repairs per engineering direction. 5. Maintains required logs and records. 6. Ensures that work accomplished meets applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications. 7. Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations. 8. Checks all work, including other team members, to ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection. Additional Functions:
1. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. 2. Coordinate shift changes in team leaders absence. 3. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.) 4. Assists and fills in for team coordinator as required. 5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma/GED.
Two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years related work experience; or four (4) years experience in an avionics/electronic career field.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
Understanding of aircraft wiring drawings
1. Possess a working knowledge of the Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications.
2. Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule.
3. Strong written and verbal skills required.
4. Computer keyboard skills necessary.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify