PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer near Wilmington, DE
Senior Specialist engineers are technical leaders across multidisciplinary teams of engineers to create the best overall system design including thermal design, analysis, and test of optical systems operating in harsh space and ground environments. Senior Specialist engineers possess in-depth understanding of aerospace thermal engineering technology and payload architectures for spacecraft sub-systems and instruments. These talents are used to direct and oversee teams who specialize in conductive, convective, and radiative analyses, understanding of heat pipes, radiative heat transfer, and thermal control hardware design (thermal blankets, surface treatments, heater tapes, thermistors) and the interaction with optical structures in order to minimize optical errors, and achieve operational temperatures. Senior Specialist engineers proficiently utilize state of the art custom software in conjunction with Thermal Desktop and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) packages and often mentor other Thermal Analysts in the use of such tools.Essential Functions:
- Knowledge of system level thermal design & development, payload level integration and test, and risk mitigation for space-based environments
- Perform thermal design and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical devices, aerospace mechanism design, complex electronics packaging, supporting space-based deployable mechanisms, avionics, innovative thermal and ground based systems
- Create and analyze design concepts using FEA & thermal analysis software.
- Program support also includes requirements derivation and verification, system architecture development, loads derivation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design analysis, generation of analysis documentation (including presentation materials, and deliverable data packages), and leading system test activities
- Organization of thermal design and analysis as an IPT lead; frequently interfacing directly with customer technical leads and management.
- Documenting and presenting design & analysis results to customers at formal gate and design reviews.
- Development of thermal test plans to manufacture and test payload sensor systems
- Support new business opportunities and mentor junior level staff
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 6+ years with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering or science degree required or 4+ years of experience with a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering or science degree
- Proficiency in thermal analysis tools such as Thermal Desktop (preferred), Sinda, Thermal Fluent, Icepak, etc.
- Experience with thermal vacuum testing
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
- Experience with thermal analysis of mechanical and electronic systems, in space, air or ground environments
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on using and/or directing finite element analysis (FEA)
- Experience with finite element analysis software
- Able to support design decisions with well documented engineering analyses and calculations
- Able to analyze problems and to focus and drive down to the root cause of problems quickly
- Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft office tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify