In this role, you will:
Fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains. May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
2. Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
3. Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels. May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques.
2. Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
3. Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
4. Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred
Sewing and/or Foam Skill Set Required
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
4. Must be computer literate.
5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify