PDS Tech is seeking an Upholstery Technician Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assist Shop Lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance and direction to co-workers. Mentor and train other Upholstery Technicians.
1. Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies.
2. Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
3. Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals.
4. Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
5. Work with design/drawings to cut and install advanced custom design carpets with unique patterns.
1. Accept Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
2. Conduct safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
3. Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
4. Comply with and champion Safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
5. Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitor their work to ensure they complete assigned tasks in accordance with required levels of safety, quality and productivity.
6. Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
7. Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years of experience in upholstery to include two (2) years aircraft upholstery experience.
- Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products and/or advance carpet knowledge including being able to install custom carpets.
1. Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications and terminology.
2. The ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
4. Must be computer literate.
5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify