PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer with Electrical experience for Greensboro, NC!
Performs Manufacturing Engineer assignments of intermediate to high complexity under the general direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager/Assistant Manager. He/she may also assist in product development and production of tooling, fixtures, and machinery to coordinate with other departments, outside organizations, customers, and suppliers, to assure that functional requirements are met on time, at the expected quality level and at the lowest cost. The Manufacturing Engineer employee also has the ability to develop solutions for production problems relating to electrical, harnesses and avionics, manufacturing processes, and/or tooling. The employee must be highly analytical, innovative and be a critical thinker. This may include working from engineering design documents, specifications, prototypes and/or change orders to determine equipment, tooling, materials and methods of manufacture and installation to produce quality products within cost and specification guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze a variety of engineering data to help determine requirements to meet objectives
- Participate in project teams and may coordinate tasks/procedures with associates in other engineering functions
- Work on various product and process flow segments of developmental projects
- Conduct RCCA tests or experiments, record and evaluate data and report findings
- Responsible for process capability studies, test capability studies, & through-put rates
- Under the direction of assigned management; establish and implement processes, tooling, equipment, and quality control methods to optimize the manufacturing operation
- Identify, and develop specifications for purchase and installation of new capital-equipment
- Work with engineers and other personnel on continuous improvement projects as required
- Provide technical support and assistance with the development and improvement of methods, quality, product design, cost, and technical issues
- Required to observe all safety rules and regulations, act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around the work area
- Promote and contribute to overall team environment
- Review and development of specifications and processes applicable to aircraft electrical systems
- Procedure documentation for assembly/fabrication/operation of new or existing components
- Evaluates/improve assembly and testing methods
- Adhere to production times, staffing requirements, and related costs on quality control and industry standards
- Assist in identifying and evaluating suppliers for new or critical processes & components
- Assist purchasing in resolving supplier technical questions, drawing and specification interpretation
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a B.S.M.E. or M.S.M.E. (Manufacturing, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, etc.) in a technical field applicable to the job description
- Minimum 8 years aerospace industry experience in electrical & avionics design evaluation, build and installation
- Strong Knowledge of industry standards, processes and specifications related to aircraft electrical systems
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following:
- Evaluating harness designs
- Harness routing considerations
- Connector & pinning configurations
- LRU placement, orientation, and mounting scheme
- Proposing design changes based on RCCA findings
- Organizing and presenting technical information to all levels of management
- Strong communication skills
- Basic CATIA V5 experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of design/drafting practices
- Design for manufacturability
- Basic level GD&T proficiency in reading/understanding engineering drawings
- Proven ability to trouble-shoot defects, manufacturing errors, and time consumption/ learning curve issues to improve shop floor performance
- 3D Drawing reviews and approvals for Engineering designs and specifications to ensure manufacturability of details, assemblies, and installations
- Teamcenter Manufacturing/ Process Planning creating MBOM’s and BOP’s are a plus
- The employee may be asked to participate in activities to enhance and support production teamwork, and provide an environment for all team members to participate in continuous improvement
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and/or specification requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, experience utilizing tools such as SAP, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Employee must have ability to work independently and multitask with a strong work ethic
- Time management and prioritization of assignments
- Willingness to work outside of assigned areas (mechanical systems, structures, interiors, etc.)
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify