PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Sr. Accounting Assistant - Accounts Payable in Grand Prairie, TX.
The Sr. Accounting Assistant-AP (Contract) will perform tasks associated with processing vendor invoices timely, invoice exception resolutions, accurate payment utilizing sound general accounting disciplines. The Sr. Accounting Assistant is responsible for invoice analysis, purchase order assessment, and responding to vendor inquiries.
This assignment is expected to be approximately 5-6 months in duration to assist with a Year End Close project.
Invoice Processing: 85%
- Receive invoices, verify accuracy to items ordered, received, and pricing; when necessary and receive approval from appropriate Department Head.
- Investigates and resolves exception invoices associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare invoices for payment
Internal and External Customer Service: 15%
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Acts as a department liaison between departments and vendors.
- Maintain vendor statements with selected vendors.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Comply with Finance, AP, Purchasing, and Supply Chain policies and procedures
- Performs variety of tasks and projects as necessary from Leadership team
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years' work experience in Accounts Payable
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- knowledge of general accounting disciplines and strong analytical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to handle high-volume of data entry
- Work with appropriate parties to resolve issues on invoices
- Implement and document process improvements
- Ability to process a minimum of 80 invoices daily with 98% accuracy
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational and time management skills
- Service-oriented approach
- Prioritize issues
- Efficiently troubleshoot problems
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective Communication skills, both oral and written
- The ability to work with all organizational levels
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- 3+ years SAP experience
- 3+ years strong computer and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Analyze Invoices and purchase orders for accuracy.
- Reports to Manager-Accounts Payable
- 0% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Ensure invoices are process per vendor invoice document against the Company PO document or non-PO supporting documents
- Timely responses to internal customer regarding their reimbursements and external clients statement reviews
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties
- Onsite: 50%+ of time that this position must be worked onsite at the company's location.
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, and reports.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment.
- Carrying: able to carry documents up to 30lbs/14kgs.
- Lifting: able to lift documents and electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small boxes and some office equipment.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: steel toed shoes are required for all shop floor visits; appropriate hearing/eye protection may also be required when visiting the shop floor. Respirators/masks as required by site safety department
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify