PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Quality Engineer in St. Louis, MO. Role Purpose
This position will provide day-to-day focus on the proper execution of actions necessary for the on-time delivery and first time quality of products and services. To provide technical and administrative leadership to ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company, international and governmental regulatory standards, agency guidelines, and customer requirements by implementing and maintaining quality assurance policies, processes, procedures and controls. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.Key Responsibilities/Product Quality
- Review of FAIs
- Ensure that Quality Plans are current, and being executed for the programs assigned
- Ensure that Quality Plans and supporting documentation such as Inspection Points, Statistical Process Control Plans, etc are in place and being used to measure and monitor key process/product characteristics and interfaces.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Ensure that issues affecting product quality have effective corrective actions/micro plans in place that will result in resolution or risk mitigation plans are in place that will minimize product quality impact
- Monitor the fidelity of associated inspection procedures to customer requirements and program specific quality plans
- Ensure that plans/processes are in place and executed to minimize or eliminate product escapes
- Ensure that corrective actions have data and data analysis to effectively identify root cause, containment, interim and long term corrective action planning and decisions, as well as quantifiable verification and monitoring exit criteria
- Analyze and provide material review dispositions for non-conforming materials, parts, and equipment.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerance, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
Quality and Mission Success
- Serve as point of contact with the Quality Manager for program progress and monitoring.
- Support efforts to ensure overall customer satisfaction relative to current project or product and prospective follow-on business.
- Participate in the creation of operational/program plans and/or procedures and coordinate with customer and supplier representatives to ensure satisfactory quality system performance.
- Participate in the administration of program and project activities and processes.
- Identify necessary quality resources to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform and lead specialized quality functions as contract evaluation and planning; data preparation, analyzes and reporting; development of quality tools, techniques and methods; process improvements; maintenance of accountability and configuration of deliverable products and records; special investigations and audits: material review support; preventive and corrective actions; customer interface, liaison and support; product delivery; and audit of manufacturing and test data for quality system requirements.
- Resolve issues at department/program level.
- Test and recommend products, processes, and software, equipment and measurement systems.
- Provide technical expertise to company employees, suppliers, customers and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate problem solving activities and events
- Provide education and coaching on the company’s quality system to program and process team mates.
- Make recommendations that affect quality, products, processes and costs.
- Act as FOD Coordinator as applicable to site/area.
Experience and Qualifications
PDS Tech is a premier supplier of highly skilled technical personnel to the aerospace and defense industries. These are long term assignments in the St. Louis, MO area. Client is accepting resumes now for review. Please connect with us now for immediate consideration. Apply to this posting or contact Gus Sanchez at 314-264-3135 or email@example.com for more information.
- Three years of experience in quality required.
- Aerospace composite manufacturing experience is required.
- Will have a fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems and professional ethics.
- Will have a fundamental understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements.
- Will have a basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Will be able to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving.
- Will be able to plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, and acceptance sampling and measurement systems.
- Will have basic knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools and reporting.
- Will have a thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
- Will be able to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
- Maintaining the integrity of the certified quality system requirements with lean, cost effective strategies that meet the organizations needs.
- Advocating as the "voice of the customer" demanding the highest quality expectations from the organization.
- Executing the duties of the position such that the focus is largely proactive versus reactive.
- Superb written, communication interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify