PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Technician in West Sacramento, CA.
Description: This is an onsite graveyard shift - 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM
This position works a regularly recurring schedule comprising days in excess of eight hours but not more than 10 hours, which has been lawfully adopted by the affected work unit as part an alternative workweek schedule (AWS). Accordingly, the position does not provide for overtime payment for those hours and days worked as part of the regularly recurring AWS.
This position exists to ensure that the equipment, machinery, fixtures, and control systems that are part of the physical plant and structures at the Biologics Research Facility and offsite greenhouse are kept in a safe, well-maintained, and ready to use condition. Ensuring that utility services are available to support production is also an important part of this position’s duties. Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Inspects equipment, fixtures, and facilities for proper operation and working condition; performs preventative maintenance per work order system and SAP. Maintains logs, manuals, records and other documentation related to preventative maintenance.
• Performs boiler attendant duties such as blow down procedures; hourly performance checks; troubleshooting and diagnoses and completes all compliance documentation
• Troubleshoots and diagnoses HVAC, electrical, and mechanical malfunctions; corrects faults necessary to return equipment to service.
• Must be able to adjust, disassemble, repair, and reassemble complex equipment and machinery. Reports serious problems to Facility Manager; collaborates to develop solutions to problem conditions.
• Performs general plumbing maintenance and repair associated with potable water systems, including fixtures and supply, drain and vent pipes and related systems.
• Installs, sets-up, and tests new equipment, fixtures and machinery, working with vendor representatives and/or BCS engineering personnel.
• Operates the automated utility management system to provide continuous water, heat, steam and other utility services to end users; looks for ways to improve efficiency in the delivery of utility services.
• Understand and follow all Energy Control / LOTO procedures and is able to execute LOTO of utility systems and equipment with limited guidance from senior level technician or Health Safety and Environment Engineer.
• Performs site patrols and reports any abnormal findings
• Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
• Support and contributor for site management policies, SOPs, Work instructions and other site related documents
• Keeps tools, safety devices, and equipment in a safe, fit, and ready to use condition; performs basic housekeeping, keeps work area in a neat and tidy condition.
• Works under minimal supervision
• May assist with orienting and training lower level employees
• Complies with HSE policy and ensures that maintenance jobs are finished under safe conditions.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience as a facilities or maintenance technician is required.
• 3-5 years of experience in basis facility maintenance in a greenhouse/nursery environment is preferable
• Able to perform moderate complex and non-routine repairs, adjustments, and modifications on plant equipment and systems.
• Able to identify and recommend modifications to equipment and systems to improve their efficiency and reliability.
• Able to teach other technicians to use tools, instruments and other devices to troubleshoot, repair and service industrial machinery and systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of the design, operation and repair of all types of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment and systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of industrial electricity, including single and three-phase power systems
• Must have effective interpersonal skills in order to interface with a wide range of colleagues
• Strong organizational, coordination, planning and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and negotiating skills
• Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
• Developed skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Flexibility to work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
• Ability to periodically lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify