PDS Tech Inc., is seeking an Test Infrastructure and Tools Engineer in Troy, MI
Detection Vision Systems mission is to be the world leader for Vision Systems within the automotive industry by developing innovative systems to provide situational awareness solutions using cutting edge technology. The successful candidate will join an experienced team of LabVIEW and TestStand developers, and be part of a LabVIEW Center of Excellence. The mission of the DV/PV TestStands Development Engineer is to develop test software and analysis tools which will be used in the DV and PV testing of advanced driving assistance sensors and systems.
Design and develop test software in LabVIEW and TestStand, aligning with client’s standard test software architecture and development processes.
● Review customer and internal test tool requirements.
● Participate on the complete process of tester architecture definition and HW integration
● Support DV/PV testers users to clarify issues related to testing results.
● Create innovative software solutions for real time testing of ADAS sensors and systems.
o Develop sensor test interfaces (hardware and software).
o Develop automated test sequences in TestStand.
o Develop tools to help the analysis of test data.
● Validate test software and test systems.
● Document TestStands hardware and software design.
● Participate in code reviews, both as reviewer and reviewee.
● Participate in technology / supplier / test tool selection for new projects. Keep abreast of the latest technologies and features.
● Contribute to continuous improvements in process and test methodologies.
● Train and support users in the successful use of the test environments.
● As additional role the candidate for this specific position will support 20% - 30% of the time with “In-Vehicle Testing Tools” which means:
o In vehicle data logger systems.
o In vehicle test systems.
o Vehicle retrofit/tooling definition.
● Relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g. Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
● The ideal candidate would be a certified LabVIEW architect (CLA) or certified LabVIEW developer (CLD).
● Experience working with TestStand, ideally CTD or CTA qualified.
● Minimum 5 years test development experience in LabView and TestStand
● 1 - 3 years experience in using National Instruments PXI hardware.
● Proven experience with CAN communication protocol.
● Familiar with digital hardware and communications protocols (e.g. I2C, PCIe, SPI, UART).
● Digital hardware debug experience.
● Understanding of software development processes required.
● Experience with vision system development and integration into HIL systems is an advantage.
● Experience in data analytics or data mining is an advantage.
● Experience using SVN, Doors, an advantage.
● Automotive development / validation experience is an advantage.
● LabVIEW FPGA (FlexRIO) experience is an advantage.
● Experience with In-Vehicle testing setups is an advantage
● Ability to work autonomously, and organize task priorities to meet project objectives.
● Strong analytical and technical documentation skills.
● High degree of innovation and a mindset of continuous learning.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Knowledge of ISO26262/ISO15504/SPICE an advantage.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify