PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Product Design Engineer in Phoenix, AZ.Description:This position requires an experienced individual to execute the following mechanical analysis tasks:
• Perform professional mechanical engineering assignments such as stress, vibration, heat transfer and life prediction calculations, without appreciable supervision.
• Perform engineering tasks associated with the mechanical design, development, production and field support activities for turbine components such as blades, vanes, disks and wheels.
• Conceive, design and execute complex turbine-related technical projects which involve different mechanical disciplines such heat transfer, stress, vibration and lifing analyses.
• Responsible for working with associated Enterprises to support currently fielded products, assist in defining product improvements and help in conceiving new and innovative concepts to develop turbine components.
• Focuses on mechanical design and analysis efforts on continuous improvement through lessons learned, best practices, and comparative benchmarking.
• Implement 2D and 3D finite element modeling techniques using analytical tools such as ANSYS to perform plastic and elastic stress analyses.
• Use formal knowledge of probabilistic design in design optimization.
• Knowledge and experience applying DFSS methodology in the design and analysis of turbine components.
• Effectively manage complex projects involving multiple organizations to successfully complete all assignments.
• Support engine tests and functional tests for engine certification, RCCA or SRD efforts.
• Support R&O and manufacturing projects to expedite MRB resolutions and repair initiatives by applying product knowledge and analytical skills to preserve design intent.
• Communicate technical results to internal and external customers.
• Develops and implements strategies in support of the Department’s vision and objectives, ultimately supporting the client's vision and objectives.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years experience in the analytical design of gas turbine components, including stress, vibration and heat transfer analysis as well as life prediction.
- Must be able to work on Export Controlled programs.
- Must be dedicated to customer satisfaction and demonstrated the capability to establish and maintain strong business and personal relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Broad experience and technical skills to design turbomachinery and the development and support of turbine components.
- Expert level using ANSYS for mechanical analysis including the creation of finite element models from CAD solid models.
- Knowledge and experience working with CAD software is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of heat transfer including derivation of boundary conditions (heat transfer coefficients, adiabatic wall temperatures, heat generation) and application of thermal boundary conditions to analytical models.
- Effectively work in a self-directed team environment to deliver customers' requirements on time.
- Strong teamwork skills, able to work in a variety of team roles within a cross-functional team.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be a part of and to utilize a teaming approach to resolve complex engineering problems.
- Effective listening skills and flexibility in approach to resolve complex engineering problems.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify