PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Project Specialist, in Luling, LA.
• The Mechanical Project Specialist is accountable for assisting Mechanical project engineers in the execution of plant projects.
Decision Making & Problem Solving:
• Broad practical knowledge of project engineering design, procurement, costs, scheduling, and construction.
• Early detection of potential problems and use of sound methods for resolution.
• Demonstrates sound judgment in the scheduling of construction crew mix and size.
• Provide support to engineers in the areas of cost estimating, cost control, and development of project schedules.
• Assist engineers with project design specifications, layouts, feasibility, and constructability.
• Provide strong focus to contractors across crafts on complex projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Previous mechanical maintenance experience in the plant.
• Strong mechanical background and knowledge on different types of rotating and mechanical equipment.
• General knowledge of industry standards and codes.
• Able to read and understand technical drawings and documentation associated with mechanical equipment.
• Able to assist in the development of construction bid packages for on site or external contractors.
• Interface with project engineers and contractors on assigned projects to control/manage project cost and schedule. Assist engineering in reconciling cost deviations.
• Able to develop basic project schedules with tracking ability.
• Manages and executes a portion of large mechanical projects.
• Knowledgeable of the following or similar procedures: ES&H guidelines, Management of Change, Luling’s Bid procedure EP006, Luling’s Safety procedures (especially Hot work, Confined Space, Line Entry, Critical Lift, and Lock out/Tagout) and Monsanto/BayerStandards.
• Knowledgeable of the Contractor ES&H guidelines sections 5.0 & 6.0.
• Monsanto/Bayer CMR Certified
• Able to review mechanical, piping and/or civil structural bids on projects or contracts for credibility.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Email, Internet, etc.)
• General user of SAP and Microsoft Project
• Proven commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
• Able to multi-task and organize work while balancing competing priorities to deliver business value.
• Excellent communication, time management, and interaction skills.
Complexity of Assignments:
• Communicates with plant design draftsmen in the execution of project design work.
• Effectively communicates project direction to contractor supervision and across all crafts.
• Establishes credibility and sets policy with contractors to ensure high productivity.
• Establishes proactive relationships with environmental, safety, and health personnel to ensure regulatory/corporate compliance.
• Highly motivated and fully self-directed on routine jobs. Quickly identifies issues requiring engineering resolution.
• Provides construction execution support for projects from $200K - $15MM.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify