PDS Tech Inc. is seeking candidates for a Service Bulletin Engineer position in Mobile, AL.
The Service Bulletin Engineer (Contract) will design new and revised service bulletins using engineering data, principles, and tools to deliver cost effective solutions that meet customer satisfaction in terms of safety, quality, and lead time.
- Responsible to produce or revise service bulletins in accordance with defined processes and procedures according to program and schedule requirements.
- Review impacted aircraft configurations fleet wide to determine the configuration requirements of the service bulletin.
- Analyze digital mockup (DMU), engineering drawings, other design documents, etc. to define the methodology, procedures required in the design of the service bulletin.
- Generate list of parts and materials derived from the engineering drawings.
- Define appropriate man-hours to complete service bulletin embodiment.
- Define figures, tables, and charts to be included in service bulletin. Support the service bulletin illustrators as required to ensure quality of illustrations included in service bulletin.
- Define work steps of the service bulletin and ensure the proper sequence of steps.
- Provide support as required to internal and external customers.
- Support Quality initiatives established by Service Bulletin group in order to decrease the number of Service Bulletin revisions and airline queries. Support process improvements, quality improvement initiatives, etc.
- Perform Quality checks on peer's work utilizing the service bulletin process, user guides, , etc.
- Perform Quality checks on external Subcontractors and ensure quality is maintained. Support the overall Quality plan in regards to external Subcontractors.
- Participate/lead open discussions regarding ways of working and on-going projects support/lead any ongoing improvement initiatives in line with business needs.
- Participate in service bulletin validations as required from SB validation managers.
- Coordinate with other departments on as needed basis.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum three years in aircraft customer service field (Airline experience, MRO experience, Maintenance experience),
- 3 years of experience in configuration management, or five years experience in an engineering classification.
- Ability to read/write/speak English.
- Proficiency with G Suite.
- Team oriented - ability to work as a member of a team with other departments locally and internationally.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability and experience to lead multi-discipline projects.
- Knowledgeable with aircraft assembly sequences.
- Project management experience desired.
- Minimal type of CAD software experience is desired (preferably CATIA V5).
- Experience with various Company programs utilizing applicable design tools is desired.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify