PDS Tech is seeking a Project Manager, in Detroit, MI.Job Description
Supervises construction-related activities and report to lead Project ManagerPosition Description:
• The Project Manager is responsible to ensure that the contractual construction requirements are met and that any violations/deficiencies are noted and corrected.
• The position will support the project management team and subcontractors working at the site to comply with regulatory, company and customer requirements.
Critical duties of the job are:
• Conduct daily inspections and maintains a daily report.
• shall maintain an adequate inspection system and perform such inspections as will ensure that the work performed under the contract conforms to contract requirements.
• Works with the lead PM to review and maintain schedules.
• Maintains a log of all construction related deficiencies and ensure they are completed.
• Reviews contractor work status versus payment requests.
• Attends construction related meetings and provides written and verbal status reports.
• Develops cost impact report associated with construction related activities.
• May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field, particularly mechanical building systems.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks related to the position to include working with the commissioning agent to ensure any deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Reports to the clients Lead.
• A minimum of 2 years of construction supervision / foreman experience or a degree in this field.
OSHA 30 is preferred but not required.
• Must have a solid understanding HVAC construction
• Training must be verifiable
• Able to pass a government background check
• Three (3) years experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Outlook in a business environment.
• Must have a valid US driver license.
VALID GSA CREDENTIALS PREFERRED
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify