of PDS) is currently looking for an Structural Engineer
for Helicopter Modification Project with our client in Columbus, MS.Position Summary:
Design complex, standard or custom, mechanical and structural airframe installation packages in new and/or retrofit AHI aircraft. Create engineering drawings, interface with pertinent stakeholders in certification, production and flight test, support fleet sustainment activities and support STC projects.Primary Responsibilities:
Detail Design: 50%
- Create detail/assembly/installation drawings for structural and mechanical systems.
- Review and facilitate engineering package release.
- Can lead groups of engineers to complete projects along with representing the group at management meetings
- Works independently with minimal supervision from Engineering management.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting company objectives.
- Project Coordination: 20%
- Coordinate essential information into the configuration management system listing mechanical and structural installations for each assigned project.
- Participate in developing pricing information based on installation effort and provide quotes to AHI Marketing Department for standard and custom options on new aircraft.
Engineering Support: 20%
- Support Marketing, Field Service, Flight Test and FAA Certification organizations as needed.
- Act as liaison to manufacturing and production efforts as needed.
- Support installation, functional and operational tests, and ground and flight tests.
- Structural Substantiation: 10%
- Performs Functional Hazard Analysis and Systems Safety Analysis as required.
- Performs preliminary stress analysis in support of initial layout and design concept.
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in engineering
- Six or more years of directly applicable engineering experience in an aviation/aerospace manufacturing or completions environment.
- Knowledge of aviation/aerospace structural design requirements, aviation/aerospace industry standards and the Federal Aviation Regulations. Direct experience with rotorcraft is preferred.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with company objective.
- A typical project may involve location, creation, and installation of structural components in support of avionics equipment installations, creating seating arrangements, or performing an analysis to substantiate these installations.
- The engineer will be involved with the on-aircraft integration and troubleshooting, as well as addressing installation constraints.
- Most importantly, the ability to adapt to shifting technical challenges, being able to communicate with technicians, managers, and the various stakeholders in a project, is key to the success of the team.
- Must be able to assist less experienced engineers through training, design assistance, application of the proper methods, technical assistance in developing the appropriate structural substantiation, and to help develop the decision making ability.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify