PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Avionics Service Center Technician in Auburn, WA
A leading supplier of state of the art avionics systems for both commercial and military applications has an opening for an Avionics Service Center Technician.
The qualified candidate will be repairing avionics equipment (circuit card and component level) in one or more areas of the following technologies - COM/NAV, Surveillance, Weather Radar, Autopilot, and Multifunction Displays.Key Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate precision test equipment for alignment, troubleshooting and testing of electronic equipment and systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc., as well as a working knowledge of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
- Have a basic understanding of advanced test equipment functions.
- Reprogram replacement equipment, determines possible failures.-Be proficient in through-hole soldering techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of various avionics systems, basic electronics theories and associated circuitry and components.
- Align and adjust advanced electrical components on units being tested to ensure proper functioning of electrical circuits, utilizing established test procedures.
- Analyze circuitry and physically check wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and system components necessary to locate malfunction causes found during testing of components, equipment or systems.
- Performs difficult electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units.
- Determine requirements and install modifications as set forth by Service Bulletin or other authorized documentation.
- Properly prioritize time to meet production needs as assigned by senior technicians, leads and management.
- Follows all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to Service Center Operations.
- Maintain adequate and current knowledge of applicable FAR/EASA regulations as well as legal and contractual obligations.
- Follow safety requirements and perform duties in accordance with all safety procedures. Participates in the facility safety program.
- May be required to perform related duties as assigned.
- Accept training as needed to work other areas of the shop as workloads shifts.
- Access advanced test equipment functions.
- Reprogram replacement equipment, determine possible failures.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify