of PDS) is currently looking for a Planner 2 for 3-5 month project
with our client in Ontario, CA.
The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning, including producing schedules, material lists, and production plansDuties:
- Plans and schedules work flow for every single work station according to the manufacturing sequence of operation and control lead time.
- Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing sequence, assembly and production work flow.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports, productivity reports, cost analysis graphs and delivery charts that drive process and performance improvement.
- Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy,” establishes safety stock/Reorder points, and validates Bill of Material in the MRP system
- Sets up all purchase requisitions for Purchasing personnel, based on need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
- Plans and releases intercompany requirements and maintains Distribution Orders to ensure on time delivery and right quality
- Manages intercompany transfers
- Read, interpret, create and validate complex, multi-level Bill of Material
- Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
- Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate any changes
- Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
- Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
- Preserves engineering revision control
- May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff
- Performs work under general supervision
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and escalates more complex issues to higher level staff
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify