PDS is seeking an Structural Design Engineer for an open position in Savannah, GA.
The Structural Design group is responsible for providing an optimum design solution satisfying requirements for maximum inherent safety, performance in terms of weight and durability, and minimum cost of production and ownership. The group is involved with the current fleet and new product development.
This job is for placement in the New Product Development team.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Experience with knowledge management processes Responsibilities include:
- Thorough understanding of structures design criteria including design loads and durability (fatigue and corrosion)
- Solid understanding of design and manufacturing processes involved for both metallic and composite parts with a focus on design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA)
- Solid understanding of 3D Model Based Definition (3D MBD), and the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for details and assemblies
- Minimum 10,000 hours or 5 years experience on CATIA v5 in primary Structural Design Preferred candidates will also have:
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 workbenches: part design (machined parts), sheet metal, Composite Part Design (CPD), FT&A, Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) tools including use of parameters, design tables, and Visual Basic macros - Proficiency in SmarTeam PLM database - Prior work experience with aircraft design -
- Develop structural definition of the aircraft by producing the form, fit, and function documentation from conceptual layouts to final detail design
- Engage various engineering, manufacturing and product support teams to complete designs
- Participate in design reviews - Interact with suppliers and prepare technical coordination memos
- Prepare engineering reports - Document, track, and manage design projects of various magnitude using online knowledge bases and tracking tools
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior engineers
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Performs other duties as assigned Other Requirements:
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify