PDS is seeking an Structural Design Engineering (Service Engineer) for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Aircraft products and services
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
1. Fundamental understanding of airframe structural design
2. Experience and ability with computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar
3. Experience in post-production environment or as a production MRB engineer
4. Ability to design an airframe structural repair drawing and calculate the basic static stress analysis in support of the drawing
5. Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving
6. Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics and technical personnel
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
8. Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneouslyPreferred skills:
1. Gulfstream Aircraft design engineering experience. e.g. G650, G500, G600
2. Experience in the repair of metal bonded structure
3. A working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and the understanding of obtaining compliance with such regulations within an in-service environment.
4. Experience in development of Structural Repair Manual (SRM) data.
5. Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies 6. Experience with repairs that impact Airworthiness Directives
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify