PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer in Greensboro, NC!
The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for the efficient build of a high quality aircraft which includes but not limited to: configuration control, creation of planning, tooling (manufacturing aides), work sequencing and designing efficient build methods. Successful candidate must have a strong mechanical background with sheet metal (Structures), and aircraft production experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports work specific to detail parts manufacturing and assembly operations within a manufacturing environment.
- Develops documentation and procedures to ensure compliance specific to customer, and regulatory production requirements and specifications.
- Develops solutions for production problems relating to materials, manufacturing processes and/or the right tooling.
- Interprets engineering drawings to determine requirements meet objectives. Acts as liaison between Design Engineering, Tooling department, Quality, and Production.
- Provides technical support and assistance with the development and improvement of methods, quality product design, cost, and technical issues of a complex manner as required
- Plans and documents various installation processes, tooling, equipment and quality control methods to optimize the manufacturing operation.
- Ensures completed tasks have been performed and inspected in accordance with Corporate standards. Identifies and corrects assigned production and manufacturing issues.
- Prepares and updates planning. Assist with BOM identification and control. Prepares tool orders and verifies compliance.
Education, Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree (Technical) plus 2 years aviation experience
- Lean, 5S and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred, Six Sigma Training.
- Experience with process improvement and cost savings.
- Preferred, GD&T Training
- Preferred, Airframe & Powerplant license
- Preferred, Interiors experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and/or specifications requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Some experience utilizing tools such as SAP, CAD CAM, CATIA, Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Lotus Notes).
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of aircraft assembly, sequencing and manufacturing flow.
- Working knowledge of or exposure to Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Working knowledge of sheet metal related processes including (but not limited to): Metal Forming, Bending, Laser Cutting, Shearing, Stamping, Stretch Forming, Waterjet Cutting, and Basic Machining Operations
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify