PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Cockpit Electronics Development Engineer, in Saline, MI.
Electronic Systems Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated engineer. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop upper body electronics parts. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the person in this role will support the Electronic Systems Department's objective to develop electronics parts within vehicles.
• Cockpit electronics development of RF and Body Electronics related parts (Smart ECU, Body ECU, Tailgate ECU, RKE, GDO) and miscellaneous ECU development
• Plan structure of parts and systems through target setting, packaging and style feasibility.
• Measured/accountable for following department processes, meeting deadlines, and error-free output for parts development of the group (E.g. Parts Lists, Wire Specifications, Part Specifications,..).
• Measured/accountable in leading, mentoring, motivating and coaching less experienced engineers positively through design processes, supplier engagement, communication throughout company, company Business Practices, and facilitate company knowledge transfer within the group. Responsible for managing contract staff.
• Vehicle / Project Leader, responsible for identifying and leading project related milestones through cooperation with DSP group
• Measured/accountable for the development of electronics parts within concurrent minor and major changes.
• Accountable for control and reduction of cost and mass for responsible parts and within group.
• Taking extra initiative to improve group operations such as processes, visualization of group health, and other initiatives to increase quality of group output.
• Detailed knowledge of applicable regulations, industry, Standards, and market to all of groups parts.
• Improving the customer experience by innovation. Continually gaining knowledge of parts, competitors and customers and transforming them into innovative proposals, designs or developments. Benchmark competitor vehicles, consumer electronics, and other related technologies then derive next generation parts/system proposals to improve user experience, cost, mass, and performance.
• Execute design in Catia either independently or by leading Supplier Engineers and CAD modelers.
• Create and maintain part development schedule through to SOP (Start of Production). Conduct schedule negotiations within Electronics Systems department and suppliers. Assess and develop risk management activities to maintain project targets; i.e. performance, cost, mass, quality, user experience. Make proposals and recommendations to recover.
• Participate in evaluation and manufacturing activities at the event location - both domestic and international.
• Communicate between various Design Center's Engineering Staff. Facilitate regular communication with company's Japan counterparts.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Aeronautical, Aerospace, or related).
• History in resolving field issues for Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Systems.
• Willingness to travel both domestically and abroad.
• Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Added bonus if you have
• Japanese language capability
• TBP (Company Business Practice) panel completed.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify