PDS Tech Inc. is searching for a Senior Project Controller, in Creve Coeur, MO.Description:
1. Is responsible for the project controlling tasks in capital projects with a financial magnitude between EUR 5M and about EUR 20M and typically engaging one or two external parties
2. Within the regional project controlling framework, independently determines and executes project controlling structures and workflows for project. Typical project controlling tasks are:
a. Spending planning, project accounting, cost forecasting, and reporting
b. Scheduling, (resource) planning, progress monitoring, monitoring of resource utilization, forecasting, and reporting
c. Contribution to procurement planning and contract management
d. Facilitation of project risk management
3. Leads communication of project controls outputs (project plans, progress, forecasts, decision scenarios) to all project stakeholders, including project managers and steering committees
4. In matrix organizations for strategic projects, the Senior Project Controller supervises and coordinates Project Controls Specialists as well as Schedulers and Estimators, both from internal and external parties (contingent workforce, contractors (e.g. EPC, EPCM))
5. Supports the Group Head Project Cost Controlling and estimating and scheduling experts in the continuous improvement of the regional project controlling framework
6. Develops subject matter training material and trains project controllers, project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders
Proficiency in all aspects of Project Controlling for life sciences facilities from project conception through closeout on projects between 5 and 20 Million Euro
- Field experience for capital projects
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction, and understanding of how these functions work together to meet project objectives
- Experience in project management techniques – for example: earned value analysis, critical path method, and PERT – and investment appraisal techniques
- Knowledge of project management processes as defined – for example – in the Project Management Body of Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Experience using standard project management software, such as Primavera P6, MS Project and/or Hexagon EcoSys, as well as enterprise resource planning software, such as SAP
- Good knowledge of risk assessment tools and techniques
- Experience in developing project-specific planning, scheduling, progress tracking, and reporting aids in– for example – Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word
- Create Dashboards using PowerBI, Tableu or similar tools.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills and experience in Latin American markets preferred
- Willingness to travel within the client sites in North America and Latin America on a regular basis (25 – 50%) when working on projects outside of the hub areas
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders, to resolve conflicts in a constructive spirit, and to communicate requirements and results to project contributors effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering plus six or more (6+) years of experience in project management and controlling OR master's degree in engineering, construction sciences, construction management, or other project management-related fields plus four or more (4+) years of experience in project management and controlling OR ten or more (10+) years of experience in project management and controlling.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify