PDS is seeking an Aircraft Tech Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA.Position Purpose
Independently perform a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions such as removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, and control systems to assure conformance to procedures, performances and test specifications.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
1. Perform required periodic maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical systems. Must demonstrate the ability to consistently perform assigned maintenance task within the quoted or standard CMP time.
2. Provide work direction for assigned technicians. Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by example setting.
3. Act on behalf of Mechanical Team Lead (MTL) in his/her absence and assume the duties and responsibilities of the MTL when assigned.
4. Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete work order sign-offs, shift turnovers, and other paper work in a timely manner. Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
5. Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
6. Follow standard operating procedures and JSAs when operating ground support equipment, such as power supply, hydraulic rigs, nitrogen filler carts, and oxygen service carts. Operate and supervise use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components.
7. Coordinate movement of aircraft as required.
8. Assist in training new employees concerning computerized maintenance program (CMP) maintenance manuals, SRMs illustrated parts catalog (IPC) usage, flight test installations, and all maintenance of major components.
9. Coordinate with other departments to arrange for the overhaul or repair of customer property as needed. Additional Functions:
1. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand and to charge labor to correct work orders and item numbers.
2. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
3. Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
4. Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
5. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate required.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 3 years of experience working on mid/large-size aircraft required.
- Corporate aircraft experience preferred.
Knowledge of cata v5, solumina, and SAP preferred but not required.
1. Advanced knowledge of inspection and maintenance procedures for various aircraft models and systems within each aircraft product line.
2. Advanced knowledge of pertinent technical reference materials (maintenance manuals, IPCs, Service Bulletins, structural repair manuals, engineering drawings, ADS, etc.)
3. Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify