PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr Engineering TechnicianSummary:
- Performs hands-on diverse technical tasks related to testing of advanced electronics assemblies for space and defense applications. This position supports testing, troubleshooting and fault isolation of these assemblies by performing well defined development tests, system integration, and formal acceptance tests, which includes environmental testing. Proactiveness, good communication skills, and discipline are essential for this position.
This job entails dynamic, thermal, and functional testing. It includes the ability to set-up, program, and operate special test equipment for the program to perform Acceptance Test Procedures. It also requires lifting and handling fixtures as well as the ability to handle and manipulate delicate hardware and circuit card assemblies.
Must be able to keep detailed test logs, follow detailed test procedures without error and provide daily pass-along shift information (both verbal and written documentation).
• Execute on cleanliness/standardization, Safety, equipment/lab maintenance and Operating System tasks on a daily basis; demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement.
• Daily interaction with both test technicians and engineers. Communication and Teamwork skills are extremely important.
• Associates or technical degree required; equivalent military training/experience acceptable as well
• Due to Government regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Familiar with computers/computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel,)
• Experience with Guidance and Navigation systems a plus.
• Experience with General Purpose Test Equipment (i.e. as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers).
• Attention to detail is a must. Ability to follow step-by-step procedures and follow precise instructions
• Environmental test experience is a plus.
• Ability, flexibility and willingness to work different shifts, flex shifts and alternate work weeks including overtime and weekends on a long-term daily basis as business needs require
• Technical education is a plus along with a minimum of 4 years experience in an electronics discipline.
• Have an understanding of digital electronics and proficient use of general purpose test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters along with exposure to environmental testing for space flight products.
• Ability to read schematics, follow procedures, and apply computer skills and technical knowledge to competently troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
• Capable of generating clear and precise technical documentation for the preparation of action registers, engineering orders, and data book entries.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify