PDS Tech Inc is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects
• Demonstrated presentation abilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complicated development schedules
• Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Review code and design documents
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs
• Provide production support
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Assess third party and open source software license documentation
• 10+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience, or equivalency
• Ability to acquire a Secret Security Clearance is a plus.
• Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Must have solid presentation and writing skills
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
• Solid programming experience in C and C++.
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Additional programming languages a plus
• Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus.
• An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
• Adequate ability of reading schematics a plus
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify