PDS Tech is seeking a Software Verification Engineer 2 in Savannah Georgia
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. 18 months of related Engineering experience. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
• Degree in Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with real-time embedded software applications, preferably for airborne electronic systems.
• Experience performing software verification activities for airborne electronic systems preferred (Flight Control Systems or Avionics for example).
• Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Experience performing Hardware in the Loop testing, including unit testing (test bench) and in a lab integrated with peripheral systems and real-time simulations.
• Basic understanding of C/C++ or an equivalent programming language.
• Familiarity with DO-178C and DO-331 preferred.
• Capable of working with Version Control Systems (SVN, git, or equivalent).
• Experience writing software requirements.
• Experience authoring requirements-based test procedures.
• Working knowledge of the principles of control science and theory.
• Ability to read and understand functional block diagrams.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify