PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Electromechanical Engineer, in Sarasota, FL.
Electromechanical Engineers are in charge of electric component design conducting a combination of electrical and mechanical engineering. Electromechanical Engineers carry the principles of electrical and mechanical engineering to the role.
The electric components designed in our distribution business line consists of circuit breakers, contactors, switches and auxiliary contacts for a range of current from 0.1 Amp to 600 Amp and for a range of voltage from 5V to 1200 V. While our components are designed for aerospace industry they are used in a wide range of applications such as, but not limited to, military vehicles, oil and gas mining, heavy duty construction equipment, farm equipment and both military and commercial aerospace applications.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These analysis include:
- The primary responsibilities of an Electromechanical engineer include designing, developing and maintaining electric components by focusing on safety, cost, reliability, sustainability and quality.
- Implicated in a project from the conceptual idea and detail of the design to testing, qualification and industrialization for full rate production.
- Conduct specifications and requirements based design activities.
- Produce analysis and justification in order to develop and justify conformity of design to requirements.
- Mechanical stress analysis
- Heat dissipation and heat transfer analysis
- Modeling of parts deformation due to thermal effect
- Voltage drop analysis
- Modeling of latch/unlatch mechanism
- Modeling of opening/closing time and dynamic of motion
- Magnetic field modeling
- Mechanical stack-up analysis
- Material selection
- Selection of coating and plating for metallic parts
- Wear allowance analysis
- Modeling of friction and tribology between parts
- Produce experimental technology validation plan
- Produce component verification plan
- Produce component endurance test plan
- Research appropriate solutions with purchasing and industrialization team to fit with target costs and time scale.
- The Electromechanical Engineer prime activity is to conduct analysis, calculation and design activities to develop electric components
- Work in an integrated program team with representative of quality, supply chain, industrialization, production, sales & marketing, program and other engineering representative (draftsman, experts, electronic engineer) to develop or enhance products within a predefine timeline, cost targets and technical requirements
- Team up with other engineers and technical experts to ensure conformity of product against all requirements and to identify technical risk and mitigation plan early in the development phase
- Work with the test group to define test plans, follow execution of tests and analyze test results
- Coordinate with the engineering team from other Safran sites (in the US and abroad) to conduct concurrent engineering and dispatch work to centers of excellence
- Interface with customers to discuss technical specification, justify design and potential deviation, review qualification results and analyze customer change request.
- Interface with configuration control team to ensure proper records of drawings, specifications and justification notes
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in a design office or research center designing electric component
- Knowledge of electric contact material.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify