PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an AES Engineer in Wichita, KS
• The Avionics and Electrical Systems engineer is responsible for all of the avionics and electrical design aspects as well as all of the aircraft wiring interface for all of the aircraft systems. Their emphasis is on ensuring that the avionics and electrical systems on the aircraft provide the required and desired functions, meet the highest standard of safety, are designed and tested to fully meet the applicable regulatory certification requirements, and meet the customer’s reliability expectations.
• Prepare wiring diagrams for all aircraft systems. Coordinate with AES mechanical system team for harness build requirements using computer based drafting tools (Mentor Graphics/Capital Logic and HarnessXC, HarnesSys IAI, or CADAM CCD).
• Write certification plans, functional tests, test plans, safety assessments, conformity requests, and compliance reports.
• Perform analysis requiring frequent application of engineering principles.
• Support aircraft troubleshooting.
• Experience with Garmin, Rockwell Collins, and/or Honeywell avionics systems is required.
• Experience designing, testing, troubleshooting, and certifying core avionics systems functions, e.g. EFIS (Electronic Flight Information System), Crew Alerting, TAWS, TCAS (including ADS-B out and in), AFCS, Radio Altimeter, AHRS, Air Data, FDR/CVR, Flight Management System, Datalink (including ACARS and CPDLC), etc. is required.
• Experience authoring certification documents including certification plans, development test plans and reports, certification test plans and reports, and compliance documents for aircraft avionics and/or electrical systems is required.
• Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part 23 and/or CFR 14 Part 25 is required. Experience with minimum performance standards and Advisory Circulars is desired.
• Experience with RTCA DO-160, DO-178, and DO-254 is desired.
• Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required, Visio, Teams, and SharePoint experience is desired.
• Minimum five (5) years of avionics and electrical wiring diagram design experience is required. Experience with Mentor Graphics/Capital Logic and HarnessXC, HarnesSys IAI, and/or CADAM CCD is desired.
• Experience with EWIS 25.17xx design and certification requirements is desired.
• Authoring of aircraft and system-level requirements per the guidance of ARP4754A is desired.
• Authoring of system safety documents such as System Functional Hazard Assessments and System Safety Assessments for aircraft avionics and/or electrical systems per the guidance for ARP4761 is desired.
• The ability to properly manage time to support multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope is desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, or other related Engineering field
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify