PDS Tech is seeking a Safety Administrator
Position Summary: Support Project Team in developing and sustaining an Incident and Injury Free Culture (IIFC). Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Provide technical support and assistance to Project Team in developing and maintaining a Project Safety Roadmap. This position will report to the Director of Installation and Sr. Field Safety Lead.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support Crew Foreman/General Foremen in development of Job Hazard Analyses.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of safety programs through daily field walks. Regulatory compliance and audit oversight.
• Conduct new employee orientation and OSHA 10/ 30 Hour Classes
• Meet regularly with field personnel and support in the development of project specific corrective action plans to address safety issues and concerns
• Provide regular feedback to project leadership in a constructive manner on needed areas for safety improvement and recognition.
• Provide coaching and mentoring for employees exhibiting unsafe behaviors, and provide recognition for employees exhibiting safe behaviors.
• Assist with delivery of job site-specific safety orientations for new employees joining the project, as applicable.
• Assist and co-facilitate safety training, testing for all employees (HazCom, Fall Protection, Lockout/Tag out, etc.)
• Support Project Leadership in the completion of incident investigations.
• Facilitate all injury/illness cases.
• Perform periodic evaluations of power tools and equipment (i.e. scissor lifts, forklifts, fall protection, laser levelers, etc.) to ensure equipment is being maintained in good working order, as applicable.
• Monitor and evaluate CEI/Subcontractor compliance with applicable rules and regulations, and project safety requirements.
• Support Project Leadership in the development and execution of weekly toolbox safety meetings.
• Attend the assigned safety meetings each morning:
• Ensure that meetings are taking place daily
• Audit for continuity of topics to be discussed
• Evaluate the participation of the crew and whether the foreman gave them an opportunity to do so.
• Evaluate meetings and provide feedback to Project Leadership on effectiveness.
• Ensure Foremen, GF and Superintendents are evaluating the job site and giving appropriate coaching as needed
General work environment
• Standing, walking, sitting, climbing, typing, carrying, pushing, and bending for extended periods of time. Work is conducted in both indoor and outdoor constructions job site settings. Environmental conditions will vary.
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
• Regularly work at heights and in confined space.
• The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• 2 or 4-year college degree desired, preferably in environmental health and safety discipline.
• 5+ years of construction safety experience.
• OSHA 500 Construction required
• Understanding of construction industry standards
• Experience with non-union workforce desired
• CPR/FA Certified
• Ability to work independently, strong communication skills with the ability to influence behaviors
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Safety certification is desired.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify