• Download, configure and test all units according to set procedures. Inspect for cosmetic failures.
• Fully erase any old program stored in unit as needed.
• Download appropriate test program into unit and fully test functionality of unit as needed.
• (Solder Tech Only) Using documented procedures, repair printed circuit boards or subassemblies by removing and installing electronic and/or mechanical components in the correct orientation and location. Use a soldering iron to perform hand soldering/de-soldering of through-hole and surface mount components; reinstalling electronic components into subassemblies with correct orientation and location.
• Using documented procedures, repair electronic equipment by replacing electronic or mechanical components within in the correct orientation and location (no Soldering necessary)
• Assemble, clean and test units.
• Record all units into repair tracking system.
• Report any informational discrepancies between the unit and its associated paperwork.
• Work within quality control standards; maintain a neat, clean and orderly workstation adhering to all safety standards.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1 year work experience in a production environment or equivalent technical education
• Basic computer skills (data entry, basic PC navigation skills)
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to read and understand Customer Specific Requirements
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good working knowledge of ESD and workmanship requirements
• Electronics or computer/tablet repair/assembly experience
• Strong computer software and hardware skill
• Expected to read and comprehend process documentation including Bills of Materials and Assembly
• Expected to communicate well in English both verbally and in written format
• Component Identification Ability required
• Candidates should be very organized with the ability to keep count of parts
• Candidates should have the ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Assist in other duties required as business needs
• Formal Soldering Training or equivalent military training
• Experience soldering / desoldering surface mount and through-hole components
• Electronic component identification
• Ability to read and interpret DMM's
• Computer certification
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify