PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Scientist role in West Hills, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Scientist III, Molecular Biology serves as a technical lead to explore new technologies and identify creative and robust solutions to overcome current technological limitations in molecular diagnostic products for transplant medicine. As a member of the Molecular Biology R&D team, you will be responsible for designing and performing experiments and conducting data analysis for research, development, improvement, and troubleshooting of HLA gene typing products or related projects. You will need to be self-motivated and handle independent tasks with the understanding of how those tasks tie into the bigger picture.
What will you do?
- Design and conduct experiments for the development, improvement, and troubleshooting of molecular diagnostic products in the field of transplantation
- Analyze data, compile, compose and present reports on a regular basis
- Assist in all validation and verification efforts as well as maintenance of documents, equipment and reagents
- Assist in feasibility studies for new projects
- Function as a lead for time-sensitive projects and provide support to immediate team for successful completion of projects
- Prepare SOPs, study plans, reports and other internal documents
- Participate in interdepartmental activities and research efforts, and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Conduct literature search, proactively monitor relevant diagnostic market, propose ideas for innovation, and write proposals for grants or manuscripts for publication
How will you get here?
- B.S. in the Biological Sciences is required. Graduate degree in Biological Science is preferred. Molecular Biology degree preferred
- Minimum laboratory experience post-graduation in academic or R&D industrial environment is 5 years for B.S and 3 years for M.S.
- Experience in development, optimization, and validation of molecular assays, preferably clinical diagnostic tests
- Specific knowledge of molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques
- Experience with SSP, SSO and DNA sequencing
- Experience with Real-time Quantitative PCR with SYBR Green or TaqMan probes preferred
- Experience with primer and probe designs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Pragmatic self-starter who can manage self, motivate others, and operate effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Broad and deep knowledge in molecular biology and relevant techniques, DNA isolation and quantification, gene amplification methods, quantitative PCR, Sanger sequencing, and other relevant technologies
- Well-founded formal problem-solving skills. Experience in designing experiments and interpreting complex data, and solve challenging issues to improve product performance with innovative approaches
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Time management skills to handle a variety of assigned tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with other departments as a technical representative to assist in process improvement, customer inquiries, staff training as needed
- Well-developed written skills to prepare regular and routine reports, reviews, and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to initiate and conduct literature search, propose ideas for new products or product improvement and manage feasibility studies from conception to development under minimal supervision.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify