We are seeking a User Experience Designer to create engaging user experiences for our Business Intelligence and Interactive Portal. You will be part of a fast-moving team that is focused on making our app successful in an actively evolving organization. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker able to understand business goals and functional requirements, and translate those ideas into creative, innovative, and functional design concepts. The User Experience Designer role works closely with other associates, including functional Enterprise Portfolio Leadership, Portfolio Managers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Software Engineers, to design and implement software interfaces that are easy for our business units as well as executive leadership to use and that are aesthetically pleasing.
• Create user friendly, effective, and engaging user interfaces for the company portal
• Strategize and formulate user experience decisions for critical business solutions
• Work with Enterprise Portfolio Leadership to rapidly prototype and iterate on design solutions
• Review final implementation with developers to ensure design standards are followed
• Work across teams and communicate effectively with stakeholders on the Business Functional and Engineering teams
• Provide/take inspiration and constructive feedback to/from others
• Create final visual designs, prototypes, design documentation, interaction flows, and guidelines
• Craft interaction solutions that meet both user needs and Enterprise Portfolio strategy requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 2+ years as a member of a user experience design team
• Exceptional skill in interaction design, visual design, wireframing, and user flows
• Strong desire to practice user-centered design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs
• Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and to switch rapidly between different projects
• Experience in Axure, similar software UxD prototyping tools, and/or Adobe Creative Suite
• Design in both agile and waterfall development environments
• Experience working with development frameworks such as Angular and Bootstrap
• Keep up to date on new user experience design methodology, trends, principles and technologies
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify