PDS Tech Inc., is seeking a Data Technician in Auburn Hills, MI
The Test and Validation Department of the ADAS Business Unit NAFTA conducts system level testing of radar and camera sensors in support of product development for North American OEM projects. This includes meeting OEM Customer performance requirements which are verified through on-road vehicle level (L1) data collection and Bench level (L2) verification testing and comparing this performance against defined Customer requirements.
• Safely drive the Client's vehicles, routinely along a well-defined and documented route.
• Support the Vehicle Test Engineering team by capturing accurate vehicle data during specific vehicle maneuvers needed to support ADAS feature development.
• Verify system performance against requirements.
• Provide a written summary to include the vehicle driven, number miles driven, hours driven, and project number supported at a minimum for each test drive.
• Support the Vehicle Test Technician team with vehicle builds involving the installation of ADAS sensors and data acquisition systems.
• Build and install wire harnesses assemblies to support vehicle builds.
• Will report to and receive daily guidance and work packages from the ADAS Supervisors and their staff.
• Must have Tier II or Level 2 certification or equivalent license/certification to test drive the vehicles.
• 2+ years’ experience with vehicle level testing.
• Experience with data acquisition systems (computers) installed in the test vehicles and conducting specified maneuvers to test and record data to prove the performance of the system.
• Must have experience monitoring signals with the data acquisition system.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills, communicating in English clearly and effectively
• Computer proficiency with basic computer programs including the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and motorcycle endorsement.
• Minimum 2+ years motorcycle driving experience preferred.
• Truck / Trailer towing experience - Ability to safely operate cars and Light/Heavy duty trucks .
• Able to drive a manual transmission.
• Must be able to demonstrate the necessary driving skills to become certified to drive on the Client's or Customer proving grounds
• Ability to read/understand electrical schematics
• Familiar with automotive hardware, such as switches, relays, power distribution, etc.
• Proficient with common hand tools, soldering equipment, and multimeters.
• Familiarity with new vehicle technology including Navigation systems, blind spot detection, active cruise control, lane departure warning, automated high beam assist, bluetooth, etc.
• Well motivated, self-starter, high integrity and team player.
• Able to work in a team environment, flexible, and able to multitask to meet project timing (time management skills)
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Two-year Associates degree in a technical (preferably automotive) related field.
• Knowledge of automotive on board test instrumentation.
• Previous experience with ADAS components
• Understanding of vehicle CAN communication
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify