PDS is seeking a Cabinet Finisher II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
2. Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft. Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
3. Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
4. Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP).
5. Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
2. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED.
Two (2) years experience in wood finishing.
Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
Knowledge of Solumina preferred but not required.
1. Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications.
2. The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
3. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
4. Must be computer literate.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify