The Propulsion System OBD Control Engineer is responsible for providing strategic and technical leadership in the area of propulsion system OBD control solutions. We are looking for top talent to grow OBD control development on next generation propulsion technologies. The candidate will join an agile & fast paced team of propulsion control engineers developing core control strategies, OBD strategies, and system requirements. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Leading all aspects of the OBD control strategy development process for a specific technology project including: leading the strategy development, control implementation design, regulatory assessments, setting algorithm performance KPIs, developing calibration methodologies, and competitive benchmarking.
• Bachelor of Science in Control System Engineering, or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of propulsion system control and OBD requirements and regulations for gasoline and electrified systems.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in OBD controls development - an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement.
• Demonstrated technical problem solving
• Strong overall knowledge of internal combustion engines & electrified propulsion systems.
• Experience with modeling, simulation, development, testing, and validation.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Master of Science in Control System Engineering, or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Demonstrated application of technical excellence in OBD control strategies
• Deep understanding of propulsion system OBD requirements and regulations
• Engine calibration and/or embedded software experience
• Knowledge of propulsion control systems
• Instances of demonstrated application of technical excellence (developed new process, experimental or computational; developed new numerical or modeling procedure; developed new statistical procedure; developed new problem solving approach; etc.)
• Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS-INCA
• Experience with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify