The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer - Intermediate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
• Develop implementation strategies
• Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement
• Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements
• Validate the design during the production process
• Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
• Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
• BS degree Electrical Engineering is required from an accredited University
• 3-5 years of engineering work experience preferred.
• Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer based tools and process based development, emissions control systems development, and calibration refinement.
• Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience desirable. Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills. Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
• Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people
Driving and Travel Requirements:
Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify