The role is responsible for understanding Security Data and Analytics strategy and assist with the delivery of the Data Platforms and applications to support the strategy.
This person must have strong data technology skills and the ability to execute in a complex, fast-paced environment. Candidates must possess superlative communication skills since it is essential to work cross functionally with many different teams such as Infrastructure & Operations, Security, Risk and vendors to develop the data architecture and solutions. Candidates must have high energy, dedication, and expert-level skills.
The role is primarily responsible for deliverables like the development of Security Data Lake and its surrounding applications.
The role will also be involved with some research and test of new and disruptive technologies and tools that advance the goals of the organization, (for example; Spark, Graph and Object and In-memory data stores).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
Job Related Experience:
• Experience in Security Information and Event Management a plus
• Experience working in multiple (3+) data/application integration projects
• Experience in leading both individual team members and coordination across multiple teams
• Experience in all phases of software development using agile methodologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Management of infrastructure in lower environments through production for both on-premise as well as Cloud based systems
• Experience in training and mentoring other team members
• Experience troubleshooting and operating production Data and Analytic Platforms
Technical Skills Required:
• Experience designing and implementing processes to guide and facilitate software delivery functions
• Development experience with automating repeatable operational/configuration processes
• Experience managing Projects and coordinating resources
• Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment and support.
• Knowledge in detailed monitoring procedures necessary to support application uptime
• Experience with Git version control and source code management
• Experience with configuration management tools
• 8+ years’ experience with programming in Java, especially rest APIs
• 3+ years’ experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) stack
• 5+ years’ experience with 1 or more relational technologies (Oracle or SQL Server preferred)
• 5+ years’ experience with SQL/No-SQL databases
• 5+ years’ experience with ETL or data integration design/development
• 5+ years’ experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
• 5+ years’ experience scripting in Python/Unix Shell
• Financial (Payments, Banking) industry experience
• Security Event and Information Management experience
• Experience with containerization (Docker) and/or orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
• Experience with Open Source Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi)
• Experience with Node.js and Angular
• Experience in building Azure Cloud Native based data solutions
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
• Passion for documentation and creating technical requirements and user stories
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify