PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Project Assistant - Sr , in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The contractor will be responsible for assisting engineers with HTML document conversions. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several programs, providing a wide variety of administrative and computer skills. Assignments typically include word processing, preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources with a variety of applications. Performs as primary engineering support focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision phases of the engineering development cycle. Acts as process and ool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
• Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
• Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
• Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
• Ensures compliance with the Third-Party Intellectual Property process.
• Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
• Analyzes metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements. Works with Engineering to train on processes and tools.
• Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
• Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels. Communications require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
• Generally works on highly complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
Potential Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
• Prepares presentations. Coordinates the interaction of project/program team and support functionsto communicate schedule and status.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
• Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively.
Required Tool Experience:
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft product suite
• XML and HTML Coding
The following tool experience is a plus:
• ALM, SAP, ClearQuest, DOORS, Jama, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs
• Strong communication skills
• strong organizational skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on teams in a collaborative environment
• Ability to receive work from peers
• Quick learner
• Able to retain information quickly
• Self starter
• Must be a US Citizen
• HS Diploma or GED Required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify