PDS is seeking candidates to fill a Systems Engineer position in Pleasanton, CA
How will you make an impact?
You will work in collaboration with engineers, scientists, and business professionals to develop new instruments, applications and reagents for the business of Human Identification. As a member of a cross-functional team, you will help design products from feasibility through product release. You will work on products from many different fields, such as DNA sequencing, Rapid DNA Analysis, qPCR and digital PCR.
The Engineering contractor will have responsibility for following leadership with focus to drive Division objectives as follows:
- Exercise judgement and experience in life sciences to understand customer needs and deliver products with high performance relative to those needs
- Partner with technical leads in chemistry, assay design, software design and system hardware to commercialize products
- Conduct/facilitate trades among the different technical disciplines to deliver optimized product performance
- Participate in data analysis and troubleshooting
- Ensure that decisions are data-driven, by designing experiments, analyzing data, and presenting results
Key experiences should include:
- Experience in the product development life cycle for biotechnological products
- Experience in developing and analyzing Capillary Electrophoresis products
- Experience with nucleic acid sample extraction, purification, preparation and characterization from a variety of biological sources.
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple programs/projects and priorities.
- Experience with hardware development (mechanics, optics, electronics)
How will you get here?
- BS degree in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, physics, or a related field
- BS+2 or more years experience developing life science instrumentation, consumables, and assays in an R&D setting, preferably in Human Identification
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute and present experiments
- Demonstrated success working in a global matrixed-environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify