The project Functional Safety Engineer (FSE) is responsible to perform assigned FuSa activities within the project, in accordance with our client's methodology (based on ISO26262 Functional Safety Standard). Reports to the Project Functional Safety Manager (PFSM) and PL FuSa Metier Manager.
● Analyses / defines functional safety requirements within the project based on Customer Requirements
● Carries out design analysis to support the development of safety case arguments for safety related products
● Supports integration of the safety activities in the development project
● Creates / Contributes as necessary (planned) to hazard and risk analyses, safety plan, functional and technical safety concept
● Specifies safety requirements and safety concepts for system / component
● Supports the definition/specification of safety requirements for hardware and software architectures
● Demonstrate how the chosen technical concept will comply with functional safety requirements
● Collaborates with the design team in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level in compliance with ISO26262.
● Contributes in the product development process, by creating the appropriate work products that meet the requirements of the relevant functional safety standards.
● Supports Safety Assessment Reviews held by safety assessor
● Leads or participates in safety analysis processes (e.g. FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, etc.)
● Supports the safety verification & validation activities
● Supports customer review meetings
● Tracks and documents necessary safety activities within a project as planned for him/her
● Cooperates with the PFSM and other FuSa resources in other sites or external contractors
● Documents the safety activities allocated to him/her, establish evidence of FuSa for related documents
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Skills (specific for FuSa scope): as defined in SaCoGUI - Safety Competences Instruction (GSI-RD-727) and
implemented/tracked for each individual in CVM tool.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify