PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Communications & Networks System Engineer in El Segundo, CA - Secret
•Lead performance analyses for space systems, including: AWGN, anti-jam, and anti-scintillation links, system capacity performance, communications performance, availability, etc.
•Develop models and simulations in support of architecture trade studies and performance analyses
•Lead trade studies for advanced technology designs.
•Define and verify space system requirements and interfaces.
•Develop software based analysis and simulation tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms.
•Perform waveform development, characterization, and implementation.
•Support system-level CONOPS development; development; system, hardware and software architecture development; and functional analysis and decomposition; for physical layer, link layer, and control and TRANSEC planes
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
•Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
•5+ years experience with MILSATCOM anti-jam waveform (XDR, PTW) analyses and/or development.
•5+ years experience with MILSATCOM architecture development, requirements flowdown and/or verification.
•5+ years experience using MATLAB.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
•10+ years experience working with MILSATCOM anti-jam waveform (XDR, PTW) analyses and/or development, architecture development, requirements flowdown and/or verification.
•Experience with modern requirements management and model based systems engineering tools.
•Experience developing software applications using C++, Python, Visual Basic.
•Knowledge of modeling and simulation techniques for digital payload systems.
•Experience with satellite payload systems.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify