Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) applies software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations to attack major problems and fix them for good. Our customers count on us to provide extraordinary availability, scalability and security for our services. SRE should be comfortable with taking on new engineering challenges, defining potential solutions, and implementing designs in a team environment. This position will play an important role in our organization’s evolution towards contemporary application and infrastructure management practices and will be expected to both guide and support the team’s growth and learning. SRE is new and members of this team will have the chance to influence the direction for a critical and global SRE organization. SRE will also be focused on addressing the hot/tactical/engineering issues that are impacting the ongoing integration activities within Technology Services (TS)
• Build holistic visibility into SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs, dependency graphs, past performance of software, network, and system to ensure that we can continue to scale without increasing operational burden or toil.
• Assess the current state of the environment and drive “SWAT” initiatives in collaboration with the rest of the Organization to ensure transparency, resiliency, stability, reliability etc... Across both Applications & Infrastructure stack. SWAT initiatives for future state can vary from Incident Analysis leveraging ML & AI/ Assisting with Datacenter Stability & Consolidation effort to Application Transformation [Monolithic to Microservices, PaaS etc.]
• Enables the adoption and implementation of cloud-based application reliability, resiliency, and observability /deployment best practices for production & non-prod environments including public cloud migration of our mission critical applications from the on-prem data-centers.
• Build infrastructure and drive projects that break things with the aim to improve the robustness of production systems.
• Use the core Site Reliability Engineering principles of change management, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, and production readiness reviews to run the platform.
• Step back to observe patterns and develop innovative tools and automation to minimize toil. Use those learnings to drive the best operational practices.
• Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with business and product owners to establish key performance indicators.
• Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation to aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
• Partner with the broader Fiserv organization to build a culture of rigorously learning from incidents.
• Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
• Unblock, support, and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results.
• Define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs. &
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify