PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer in Arlington, TX.
You will demonstrate success by:
• Applying knowledge of software architecture to design and develop requirements for large scale future simulation applications
• Designing, developing and integrating software architectures using COTs toolsets
• Defining and creating new simulation models using established techniques
• Designing, developing, coding, integrating and testing simulation software to meet requirements
• Designing computer architecture, simulator networks, software interfaces, and software infrastructure
• Understanding, and supporting Software compilation using a variety of tools
• Being responsible for operating systems installation and configuration
• Troubleshooting issues with computational equipment configuration and interfaces
• Configuring and troubleshooting networks of deliverable equipment
• Being responsible for requirements, design, development, integration, testing and verification of simulation interfaces
• DoD Secret Clearance is required to start, ability to obtain Higher clearance desired.
• Master's Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline or,
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
• Knowledgeable in Algorithm performance and design. Able to apply knowledge to improve existing runtime of software algorithms.
• Knowledgeable in Software Compilation, including setup and usage of various compilers, utilities and IDEs, e.g. Visual Studio, GCC, CMake.
• Knowledgeable in various source code control methods (Git, SVN, ClearCase, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in Linux operating systems installation and configuration, and general system-level configuration
• Management of a software baseline, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Previous simulation system experience required; training system simulation experience preferred
• DDS Experience required
• 5-10 plus years C++, C post degree required
• 5-10 plus years Linux development environment required
• Prefer 5-10 plus years of direct software development experience post degree
• Experience with Diskless Cloud infrastructure, with SAN and NAS systems
• Virtual environment experience (VMware, HyperVisor, etc.) desired
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
• Experience working in a team environment
• Good communications skills
• Microsoft Visual Studio, and/or gcc experience required.
• HLA/DIS experience a plus
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify