Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, this position is responsible for implementing and improving processes and flows in the warehouse department.
• Define and optimize the warehouse layout
• Optimize storage surfaces and locations
• Improve the logistics processes (receiving, put away, picking, preparations, packing, shipping)
• Lead testing and implement those improvements. Work cohesively with Purchasing and production.
• Compile data on standardization and implement the warehouse Key Performance Indicators
• Participate in Kaizen events
• Identify best practices from our sister facilities and implement them
• Track, monitor, and report regularly on the status of projects
• Benchmark and stay up to date on warehousing technology and process updates
• Audit all established warehousing practices
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or dictated by business needs
• Engineering Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or related field
• 3-5 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing environment
• Certification in Supply Chain preferred
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service mindset
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and tools (Value Stream Mapping, reducing waste, etc.)
• High proficiency in Excel particularly and in the Microsoft Office suite in general
• Excellent understanding of ERP & MRP systems
• Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented and continually changing work environment
• Spanish and French language skills are a plus
• Principal skills, knowledge, and personal attributes required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify