Under the supervision of the Project Manager, this position is responsible for repairing and maintaining all equipment on production lines with a focus on customer service and safety.
1st Shift: 6am-2:30pm
2nd Shift: 2:30-11pm
• Perform preventive maintenance (PM) on all production equipment (i.e. cutting, prep, and assembly)
• Complete all projects in a safe and timely fashion with a focus on customer service (i.e. installation
of new production lines, workshop reorganization, create jigs and dies, workstation improvements,
• Ensures daily operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing thorough preventive
maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools and production machines by
following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering
• Supports Operations by working cross-functionally as a team with Product Developers,
Process Engineers, Continuous Improvement Engineers, and Production Supervisors
• Identifies root cause problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers,
calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
• Ability to use various mechanical tools to modify machine dimensions
• Prepares daily summary work status reports for business continuity between shifts.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing the necessary results (Rework)
• Participates in improvement projects within the company
• Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary based on business needs
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• Technical Degree (2 years) in Electro-Mechanics, related electronics, or technical field or 4 years of
related work experience
• Knowledge of sewing equipment is preferred
• Technical skills for trouble shooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics, milling machines
• Fabricating skills: ability to design and create tools, jigs, etc.
• Computer Literate: PLC (Programmable Logistic Controls),
• Prior experience with Letrac equipment
• Prior experience with Comelz Integrated Technology; such as vacuum systems, and cutting machines
• Prior knowledge of skiving machines, and use of various blades
• Knowledge of Maintenance work order software
• Ability to work in a fast paced, product launch, hands-on, and high tech environment
• Ability to multi task multiple projects, while prioritizing key projects within production environment Great communication skills within all levels of the organization
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and action oriented mindset Must be team oriented and customer service focused
• Detail oriented, analytical, and possess excellent organizational skills
• Bilingual language skills: English/Spanish required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify