The Virtualization Engineer will work on a team of engineers in the Enterprise Technology Group. The position will be supporting a large VMware virtualized environment consisting of over 1,000 Dell physical hosts and 18,000 Virtual Machines. The engineer will participate in engineering meetings with Architecture teams to help set direction for the technology and support Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) efforts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Support and administer VMware software and hypervisors – ESXi, vSphere, vCenter, VUM, vROps, LogInsight, SRM, vSAN.
• Support and administer Dell Server Hardware and management tools.
• Basic understanding of computer networking – IP, routing, DNS, firewalling.
• Basic understanding of storage systems.
• Experience with Powershell / shell scripting.
• Work on assigned projects to support business technical needs related to the virtual infrastructure.
• Performs other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• VCP or equivalent experience.
Job Related Experience:
• Minimum five years’ experience working with VMware technologies.
• High level of technical ability in Operating Systems, Networking, Storage and Security.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
• Ability to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and resolve project issues with minimum supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High organizational skills; Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence.
• Ability to produce documentation or maintain existing documentation.
• Less than 25%
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify