PDS Tech Inc. is searching for a Pipe Designer in Kansas City, Missouri
The Piping Department provides service and projects to improve safety and continual improvements of existing chemical processes and provides drawings for maintenance purposes. We provide P&IDs, Layouts and Piping Isometrics to support plant activities. We also provide the resources to maintain as built records of the plant drawings.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Scribe marks from process engineer using ACAD and PDF editors (Bluebeam)
• Verify against Process Flow Diagrams, Route piping, confirm pipe specifications
• Add line numbers, tie-in numbers, specialty item numbers, etc. per the Client's standards
• Layout and do studies to optimize access and ergonomics of new equipment
• Knowledge of scaled drawings capable of updates with ACAD
• Survey exist field conditions and optimize routings of new pipelines using good engineering practices
• Model piping and create ISOs from AutoCAD Plant 3D software
AutoCAD Plant-3D Drawings
• Build plant 3D models to produce extracted isometrics and perform Navisworks model reviews
• Use model reviews to fine tune piping design to match plant expectations
• Execute and Manipulate 3D laser scans for use in interference clash
• Create line lists, hold lists and tie-in lists using the Client's templates in Microsoft Excel
• Create material take-offs from models, sketches and isometrics
- Minimum 2 years college or
- High School graduate with 5 years pipe design experience
Skill & Competency Requirements:
- Must have strong grasp of pipe specs and materials
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D and, Navisworks
- Require field work experience in an active chemical plant or processing industry, including gathering field dimensions, PID as-building and walking down P&ID’s to determine tie in locations
- Must have team social skills to work with other disciplines and plant personnel
- Job Experience in a working Manufacturing Plant with major piping
- Ability to customize AutoCAD components is a bonus
- Prefer AutoCAD Vault experience (ProjectWise also adequate)
- Experience with Bluebeam, Leica software and BIM360 are a plus
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify